Pistachio Gari and Cassava Biscuits
- 1/4 cup gari flour
- 1 cup all-purpose four
- 1/4 cassava flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 Lemon
- 10- 15 leaves Mint (depends on personal taste)
- 70g of crushed pistachio
- 1 large egg
- 6 Tbsp room temperature butter
- 1 tsp water, milk or condensed – as needed
- Preheat oven to 175 C
- Mix all the dry ingredients in a large mixing bowl and stir to combine.
- Add butter pieces into the flour mixture and use a pastry knife or food processor to process into the texture of coarse crumbs.
- Add the beaten egg and mix into the flour mixture. If it’s too dry, you can add 1 teaspoon of water or milk (if you prefer) to start with.
- Divide the dough into 20 equal pieces. Roll into balls and then place on a baking sheet. Slightly pat the dough down into patties.
- Bake in a preheated oven for 15-20 minutes or until golden brown. The longer you bake the crispier it will get.
- Remove from the oven and let them sit for one minute and then transfer to a cooling rack to cool down completely.