Our store is now closed during the holiday season. We will be back online on 4th Jan 2022. Happy Holidays!!
DISCLAIMER: Images show new packaging, however customers will receive products in the old packaging for the next few months. Starting from: £2.49This is our Signature Flour Blend of Instant Pounded Yam flour specially formulated with organic and all natural flours and starch; primarily used to make a traditional Nigerian meal called Pounded Yam. Enjoy its subtle natural flavour, smooth velvety texture and rich taste. Olu Olu’s pounded yam flour has grown to become the definitive number 1 Pounded yam flour on the market.
Vegetarian & Vegan
Good Source of Energy
Yam Flour, Yam Starch, Potato Flour, Rice Flour and Potato Starch.
1. Bring 1½ cups (450ml) of water to boil in saucepan.
2. Lower the heat and with a wooden spatula stir 1 cup (240g) of flour into the boiling water and knead till lump-free dough is achieved (approx. 2 mins).
3. As you stir, a glutinous mass in the shape of dough will form.
4. Add ¼ cup (75ml) of milk or water (and a little flour - if required) and knead again for 1 minute then reduce heat to the lowest and leave to simmer for 3 minutes (cover with lid).
5. Stir and knead again till desired texture is achieved or excess water has dried up
6. Remove dough from saucepan and leave to chill on plate for 1min. Serve with Stew, Gravy, Bolognese or Sauce of choice.
Whilst adding Flour to water, you may also add any of the following for additional flavour:
3. Hot Sauce
4. Sweet Corn
5. Salt / Sugar
6. Cinnamon / Nutmeg
7. Seasoning of Choice
8. Cocoa or Coffee Powder
9. Crushed Nuts
10. Diced Carrots
600g / 1kg / 4kg / 8kg