Cassava Flour Churros
- 1 cup milk
- 56 grams Unsalted Butter
- 1 cup Cassava Flour
- 4 whole Eggs
- 1/2 tsp Pure Vanilla Extract
- 1 Tbsp cinnamon, for topping
- 100g of caster sugar, for topping
- Vegetable oil for frying .
- Pinch of salt
- In a medium saucepan put milk and butter, bring it to a light boil and whisk together. Add the cup of cassava flour, remove from heat, and stir together until a uniformly mixed well together till there is no lumps. Remove the batter from the hot pan, and set aside for 6-8 minutes to cool.
- Crack the four eggs into a jug and whisk.
- Incorporate all the eggs into the batter, add the vanilla extract. Mix until all incorporated.
- Heat the oil in a wide pan.
- While the oil is heating, pack mix into a piping bag.
- Pipe lines of the churro batter into the hot oil, using scissors to cut the batter to the desired length. Cook for 3 minutes total, flipping and turning as needed to cook evenly.
- Remove when golden brown
- Drain the fried churros on a wire rack, whilst still hot coat them with Cinnamon and sugar mix.