Moin Moin Yuk Sung
- 2-3 tbsp Olive Oil
- 1 Onion
- 3 cloves Garlic
- 1 tsp Ginger Puree or 1 inch piece if using fresh.
- 2 Small Carrots
- 250 g Mushrooms
- 3 Peppers
- 3 tsp Chinese Five Spice
- 2 tbsp Dark Soy Sauce colour
- 2 tbsp Oyster Sauce
- 2 tbsp Light Soy Sauce flavour
- Mixed Peppers
- Toasted sesame seeds
- 2-3 lettuce gems
- Fried rice noodles
- 1/2 a Lime
- Firstly prepare your vegetables:
Peel and make garlic and ginger into a paste.
Thinly slice carrots, mixed peppers, mushrooms and onions.
- Heat half the oil in large open wok,
- Add the rest of the oil to the pan and fry onion, garlic and ginger for around 3 minutes until soft.
- Add mushrooms and carrots, fry for a further five minutes.
- Add in five spice, dark and light soy and oyster sauces.
- Cook on a medium to low heat for 8-10 minutes, until he mixture is browned, sauce has thicken slightly and absorbed into the moin moin.
- Serve in little gem lettuce leaves, and top with chopped spring onions, chillies and rice noodles and squeeze lime to serve.