Cook Time: 25 mins
Total Time: 35 mins
Calories: 462 kcal
- 1 11 inch tuber of yam (peeled, cut into chunky sized cubes and washed)
- 1/4 cup coarsely ground crayfish
- 2 medium onions (chopped and divided)
- 1 small smoked fish -washed and deboned (optional)
- 2 medium red bell peppers (coarsely blended)
- 1 habanero pepper (blended with the red bell peppers)
- 1 Tbsp. crushed garlic
- 3/4 cup Olu Olu palm oil
- Salt or 2 stock cubes to taste.
- Seasonings of Choice
- Put yam chunks in a 6-quart pot. Add water to just about an inch below the level of the yam in the pot, then place pot over medium high heat.
- Add 1/2 of the chopped onions, crayfish, deboned dry fish, stock cubes and bring to boil.
- While the yam is cooking, heat up palm oil in a saucepan and sauce the remainder of the chopped onions till translucent.
- Pour in the coarsely blended pepper mix. Cook for about 3 mins or until moisture evaporates. Turn off heat and wait for yam to cook.
- When the yam is soft and cooked, stir in the sauce and allow to simmer for another minute.
- Stir again, Turn off heat and serve hot or warm